Saturday, December 6, 2008

Still Waiting

I've known for a long time what I wanted to do more than anything else.
In a word: travel.
My goal: all fifty states, all seven continents. I want to stand overlooking the Grand Canyon, be in four states at once, and drive down Route 66. I want to look into the faces of the Presidents carved into Mt. Rushmore and hike through the natural beauty of Yellowstone. How many people have actually spent a day at Ellis Island in awe of the bravery of millions that left everything for just a chance at a better life? I want to stand in the shadows of the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Pisa and Stonehenge. I want to feel royal as I stand outside the gates of Buckingham Palace and the palace of Versailles. I want to marvel at the architecture of the Roman aqueduct in Segovia and the castles of Ireland. I would love nothing more than to be a first hand witness to the places most people see only on television.
But for now, I have to wait, left to literally counting down the days until my travels begin, because I know when they do.
January 7, 2010.
1 year, 1 month, and 2 days from today, I will be on my way to England, and 8 months after I return from there, Spain.
I just get so excited thinking about getting the opportunity to travel! I can't wait!

0 comments: