Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Please close the flood gates!

Well, I’m at work right now, and there are quite a few things I should be doing, rather than writing this blog, but alas- here we are.
Even as I sit here writing this, realizing what I’m doing and how it’s affecting me, I’m still doing it. I am worrying, anticipating, analyzing, not trusting. Everything I know I shouldn’t be doing I have been doing so for a few weeks now. Especially analyzing (what I do best in my opinion). It has, however, become especially bad in the past few days. I have been analyzing everything people say to me, every look I get, every action or lack thereof. All the analyzing has sent my mind into overdrive and I can’t seem to get it back under control. There has been an unending flood of thought flying through my head since late Saturday night. It caused me to run outside on Sunday.


I hate running. Especially outside.


I don’t like analyzing everything. I don’t want to worry about stuff, but it seems lately that I have no control over it. I spent nearly every moment I was awake on Sunday thinking about the situation I found myself in. I don’t like it. I feel like I’m obsessed, and there is nothing I should be obsessed with other than God. He is the only one that deserves as much attention as I am giving this situation right now. And the sucky thing is, is that if I were trusting in Him as I should be, I would be able to give Him this attention, rather than expending all my energy on the issues in my life. I guess it would just be great if anyone who reads this could pray that I would turn the situation over to God and that He would take the weight of it off my shoulders. I don’t want it anymore.

0 comments: