Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dang it, why do I get so attached?

It's true. I attach to people- very quickly. It's one of those things that I've always done. My mom even tells me I did it as a kid with stuff that I liked. When I like something, I like it with all my heart for a long time- for this reason my parents had to buy me a 2nd Pocahontas tape (I watched the first one so many times I broke it). I don't know why, I just get really attached to people and things.
Because of this, high school was kind of hard for me. I had 4 volleyball coaches in 5 years, 3 band directors in 3 years, and 4 youth ministers in 2 years. It gets hard to trust people when they straight up promise to be there for more than a year and then time and time again they bail out on that promise. But even after all this I never stopped getting attached to people.
Even when I know they'll only be around for a year. I have met so many amazing people (and grown closer to many that I already knew) that are graduating in 17 days, then taking off to start the next chapter of their lives. And I am stinking attached to them. I do not want them to leave. If it would keep them here, I would go continue going to the same classes without a summer break forever. Sitting here at work writing this I'm about to cry just thinking about it, especially because Rascal Flatt's "Here comes goodbye" is playing behind me.
Goodbye doesn't need to come here. I don't want goodbye. I do not like goodbyes- life would be so much better if we never had to say goodbye to anyone.

So to the Western seniors that are reading this, I have these things to say: (Dang it, with that line I started crying).
1. I love you all.
2. I will cry at your sendoff, your graduation, and whenever I feel like it will be the last time I'll see you.
3. Please don't forget about us. My 2nd youth minister out of my 4 has completely ignored all of us from the church for the past year. If you do that- I will hunt you down.

1 comments:

Mrs. Dahl said...

Whit whit- (that's my new name for you)
I could totally hear you saying all of that- I loved reading it and pretending like I could hear your voice, but it was so sad!! :(
Don't cry... because I'll be stinkin' sad when you leave for Harlaxton, so there!
But I still love you!