Sunday, June 7, 2009

¡¡¡México!!!

In a few short days, (on Friday!) I will be going to Mexico (where I swear, I was supposed to be born haha) to work in Casa Hogar Emmanuel Orphanage for a week. I'm so excited! I know that I am supposed to go on this trip: it kind of fell into my lap. Here's a quick version of how it happened. 
One boring Monday, my mom sent me an e-mail that said this:
"Jill (the teacher who runs the classroom that she is an Instructional Aide in) was telling me today about a mission trip to Mexico that her church is taking to an orphanage. They still have a few open spots. Do you want to go? Let me know by Wednesday so I can reserve your spot."
OF COURSE I WANT TO GO! Combining my 3 favorite things (The Lord, Spanish, and kids) into 1 trip! How perfect is that!?
So, I started to process of turning in all my stuff and preparing to spend a week in Mexico. And now I'm leaving on Friday!

Anyway, I just want to ask you all to pray for these kids. According to all the people at Versailles Baptist who have been before, they're all awesome. Just pray that their hearts will be open and that we will be able to connect with them and show them about the love of Christ. A lot of these kids are in the orphanage not because their parents are dead, but because they simply can't afford to take care of them- so these kids have seen a lot of hardship and pain. If I were in their situation, I would have a pretty hard heart. Anyway, just pray that they would be receptive to us. 
Here are their names and ages, if you want to pray for them that way.

Bryan Rodriguez- 4
Sara "Sarita" Beserril- 6
Nataly Morillo- 6
Francisco "Ponchito" Beserril- 7
Manuel Beserril- 8
Jenifer Rodriguez-9
Hugy Beserril- 12
Armando Rodriguez- 12
Grecia Loredo- 12
Nelson Hernan- 13
Angel Olivarez- 14
Jose "Checo" Mollinedo
Francisco "Poncho" Hernandez- 14
Jordan Valdez- 14
Ruby Murillo- 15
Raul Gutierrez- 15
Gema "Mily" Aldaz- 16
Janeth Hernandez- 16
Paloma Loredo- 17
Christina Leto- 17
Cindy Gutierrez- 17

I'm so excited! I know that God wants to do amazing things through our team. Please pray for our safety too, as I venture in to the land of the SWINE FLU! Haha

0 comments: