Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mi Pueblito

I had lunch with one of my friends today at Mi Pueblito, a.k.a. 'The Pueb", which is, in my opinion, the best Mexican resaurant in the galaxy. Everytime I go to this restaurant, I always feel the need to speak Spanish, you know... because I can. But I freak out, and I don't.
Today, as Anne and I were walking out, our waiter passed us and said "Gracias" and without even thinking about it I just said, "nada." I involuntarily spoke Spanish today. Which means that my Spanish is getting to a point where it's 2nd nature. Pretty soon, (at least I hope) I won't really have to think about it.
I've started getting to the point where when I read in spanish I don't have to translate it in my head, I just know what it's saying. It's really hard to describe, but that's where I am. But I'm really excited about it! For a while lately I've been 2nd guessing my decision to be a spanish major because I felt like I wasn't improving any, but now I can see that I definitely am!

0 comments: