Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snowy Days

I used to always think I wanted to move up North and get a job after college, because I absolutely love the snow. But these last few days have made me realize that when there is snow on the ground, I want everything cancelled so I can stay at home and enjoy my snow from inside.
Unfortunately, up north they are prepared for the snow, and it would take a few FEET of the white stuff to close anything. And that would not make me happy.
I'm ok with Western not cancelling classes the past couple of days, it just would have been really nice if they had at least made an effort to salt or shovel main walkways and stairs. Once a few thousand people start walking on snow, it starts to compress and turn to ice. And Sperry's don't have good traction, as I learned yesterday morning on my way to TCNW.
But all the same, the snow was still beautiful, and I still love it.

0 comments: